Monday 30 April 2018

Giving up sugar and the inequalities of abstinence

This April saw the publication of the first paper from the Sugar Rush project. It's called "Giving up sugar and the inequalities of abstinence" and is now out in the Sociology of Health and Illness. For those with institutional subscriptions, the article can be downloaded here, but if you would like to read the paper and have difficulty accessing it, please get in touch.

In a new departure for me, SHI also invited me to prepare a video abstract for the paper, which could be posted online to draw in new readers. I'm not entirely happy with the final result - I think I look a bit too tense and uncomfortable, plus I really should have had something more interesting in the background - but i love the idea of the video extract and think that it has huge potential for increasing the accessibility of our work. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy both the video and the paper - all feedback is welcome, so please feel free to leave a comment below if you would like to join the debate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment